Tuesday, July 3, 2012

C4T #3 Summaries

Technology at our School

Ms. Burt's blog was very interesting. She was telling us about how they just received netbooks to use in their classroom. Ms. Burt talks about how the ratios to teachers to students is up and how it will affect the new teachers that are hired in to teach the third year students. The kids will more likely be teaching the teacher because they will already know about the netbooks and most of the actions on it.

I think it is highly important that teachers learn about these new technologies before getting hired to teach just to be prepared for what they will have to use. Also, once they do teach, I think they should never stop researching and learning about new technologies because you never know when they will throw in something new to your classroom. Technology changes and improves everyday and we are very dumbfounded is we don't keep up with it. Teachers are the so lost in their work and dealing with so much that they really don't have time to teach themselves about a new technology system. So maybe it's a great thing that the children will be able to show the teacher about the netbooks in Manaiakalani. I enjoyed reading her blog.

Ms. Dorothy Burt’s previous blog post was about sharing information on how to manage the classroom using Google apps and Google Site. She provided videos from a few different schools. They were all really helpful and showed you a different subject on each video. I thanked her sharing so much information with us. I also told her that it was so wonderful that she in willing to share because that’s what teachers should do to let each other what methods and procedures worked well for them and which ones didn’t work so well. I will keep her blog in mind when I start teaching again because there is so much information on it regarding their area of the world. She is a teacher out of New Zealand and we don’t hear much about that region so this is amazing to have a source when teaching. I love being organized and plan my lessons in advance so this is a blog to follow if you are the same way. I really enjoyed reading her blog and will continue to keep up with it during my teaching experiences.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have corrected the spelling of Ms. Burt's name and title. Otherwise the post is the same as the one I removed.

    "Manaiakalani is in Hawaii and that is where this blog located." Mrs. Burt is in Auckland, New Zealand. She is the eLearning Director at Pt. England School, one of the very best (and most interesting) schools I know about. See my post Kaia and Room 10.... You should also visit the Pt. England School site.

    Add her to your PLN. You will not regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what you are talking about in your first sentence. I will add her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete