Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blog Post #11

Social Media


"First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class"

I absolutely love Ms. Cassidy's classroom technology uses!! I want to use all of those in my classroom. I think she is very smart and knows that technology is here to stay so we must use it on a regular basis and get used to doing so. I love how she has online portfolios for all of her students. I would love doing that as a teacher and love having that for my own child as a parent. I am glad the parents are supportive of the technology based classroom because that was a question I've been wondering. I would also keep the names and pictures mismatched for the safety of the children. I love how she thought of that. I would definitely let the parents come for a day and watch their children do all of these things just so they can see what we do during the day. Maybe there could be a parent blog for that classroom too. That way parents can talk to each other and the teacher. The class webpage would be just for kids or parents and kids? Either way would be awesome. Parent involvement is always great to have! Ms. Cassidy keeps referring to all of these technologies as "tools" and I agree with her because they are just ways to create and share everything that is going on in her classroom. I see huge benefits to children by having them create blogs, wikis, videos and sharing things through Skype. I would be very interested in what these children become when they grow up! It's so amazing how they learn so fast and how they want to explore with all of their technology tools!

3 comments:

  1. Courtney,
    I too was curious about whether parents were receptive to all this technology as well. For my project #12 I created a survey that I would send home with the parents on the first day of school and one of the questions is about whether they have access to a computer and internet. I'm curious as to how many parents are without this tool in their homes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're almost done!!
    Brittany DeFalco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, love the image you put in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, Courtney! I think it is great that you not only related to the post but it made you curious as well, and it inspired you to think outside of the box, like with the parent blog idea! Blogger doesn't have this feature, but other sites have tabs to navigate between separate pages of the same blog, so this could be useful for your idea. I think Wordpress has this option. Just thought it might help with your inspiration! It is good to hear your perspective since you have taught before and know what to expect!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete