Friday, June 22, 2012

C4T #2

Comment #1:
Ms. Diane Dahl's blog is so motivating! The post I commented on was about positivity and how positive attitudes affect the brain. She included a website called "BrainSMART" that has different activities to use to engage the brain in thinking positively. She talks about being positive in the classroom to help children improve their learning skills. Positive energy helps them want to learn and support each other. I am so moved by her blog because she is absolutely right! Negative teachers will bring the entire class down and students will become negative as well and not care about their schoolwork or creating relationships among themselves. Positive teachers will bring happiness, encouragement, confidence, and motivation to their students and it will be a much better environment where the kids will want to help each other and connect with one another.

Comment #2:
I commented on Ms. Diane Dahl's blog under the "Anchor Chart" post. Her post was about using the charts in her classroom and getting the students involved in creating them. I love this idea and I told her that I have used charts before when I taught Kindergarten. I think kids need that visual aspect when learning something new or even helping them solve problems or just critical thinking. I like how she coded key words too. That shows them how important that word is and helps them remember what to look for in their own work or assignments. I also love the "Strategies for Math" chart. I have seen a similar chart and thought that was so neat and such a great way to help children feel secure when doing math problems. I know some kids are afraid to ask for help so they could just look at the chart and it would help them figure out math problems. Great thinking!

1 comment: